- Who all have already bought farm land through SEEDLING AGRO Pvt.., Ltd. ?
Because farm land is a high quality long term asset, we have buyers from a wide range of investors. Professionals across industries, including Directors/CEOs of companies, have bought farm land from SEEDLING AGRO Pvt.,. Ltd., over the past 20 years, and we continue to receive strong buying interest from many more such professionals. While the common preference seems to be 5 acres per member, we also have many members holding from 2 acres and 21 acres. All our members have a desire to own good quality land as a long term asset, which appreciates in value while giving annual income.
- What are the eligibility criteria for a buyer?
Any Indian national can buy farm land. If you are currently abroad on work, then your family member located in India can buy on his/her name.
- How many acres can one person buy? Are there any minimum and maximum limits?
The land ceiling restriction varies based on the type of land (irrigated / unirrigated/ rocky) etc. For most purposes, we should take 60 acres as the ceiling per person in the state. A family can more land jointly on various names. The minimum order should be for 5 acres (we may increase it to 10 acres in future)
- What are the steps in land purchase process? How long does it take?
Following are the steps for land purchase:
- We receive your confirmed interest to buy a specific number of acres at our predefined price for the chosen farm land. We will share photographs, location and image from satellite and the records prior to the registration.
- Then buyer shall come for making the payment and land registration. Please note: (a) It is important to spare an extra day for registration, and (b) in case you want more time/ flexibility in dates, SEEDLING AGRO Pvt.,. Ltd., can take Power of Attorney and possession of the land. In this case, you will need to transfer an additional amount equal to the base land rate.
- On the date of registration, the buyer has to pay the amount to us in Cash, Cheque, RTGS and DD, and the stamp duty applicable. The Guide line value is recorded in the land registry papers. This shall be communicated much prior to the date of registry.
- Receipt of registry issued on the spot of registration, and original Deed handed over to purchaser within 2 working days.
- Name transfer can be initiated 45 days post registry date under a process that requires buyer’s presence. Or it can be initiated 90 days post registry for direct process which automatically transfers name.
- Post registry, the SEEDLING AGRO Pvt.,. Ltd., annual fee for land management agreement shall be completed and the fee becomes payable, which will go towards land maintenance, and land preparation of the land for farming. Normally, in first year or part of second year, depending upon which season the purchase was done, we do limited crops to minimize damage from neighbors/ animals and loss of irrigation/ power, and to test the soil and plan layout.
From a buyer/land owner’s perspective, once the above steps are done, no additional trip is required. We will share updates over email, and SEEDLING AGRO Pvt.,. Ltd., always welcome our members to visit us and the farms.
Every economic data is pointing to the fact that increasing population and economic growth of India will significantly increase food demand and food prices, due to supply constraints. Therefore, we believe our farm land offers a high-quality long term investment opportunity for Indian nationals to invest in farm land and benefit from the increasing food prices in the coming years. This is a win-win model because the farm land owner benefits from tax free income and land price appreciation, and SEEDLING AGRO Pvt.,. Ltd., benefits from the increased scale of operations and lower farming expenses per acre.
5. Can a foreigner buy a property in India?
No. A foreign national of non-Indian origin, resident outside India cannot purchase any immovable property in India unless such property is acquired by way of inheritance from a person who was resident in India. However, he / she can acquire or transfer immovable property in India, on lease, not exceeding five years.
6. Can NRIs buy agricultural land in India?
Though RBI has given general permission to the NRIs to purchase immovable properties in India, the permission does not grant power to acquire any and every property in India. The NRIs are allowed to purchase only residential or commercial property. So NRIs cannot purchase any agricultural land or plantation property.